Group Travel Specialist
We are a leading travel management company for the charity and academic communities and we’re proud and passionate about what we do.
We are currently looking for a Group Specialist (Study Trips Sales Executive) to join the Diversity Study Trips team. Responsible for creating and delivering exceptional educational group and conference travel, you will maximise profitability through converting enquiries into sales, negotiating with suppliers and maintaining positive relationships with a range of customers. As our business grows in to Europe, candidates with French or Dutch language skills would be of interest for this role also. Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing a variety of quotations to customers for educational, group and conference travel where possible and working with airlines, DMCs and 3rd party suppliers negotiating the most cost-effective group rates for our customers whilst maximizing yield
- Analysing customer needs, finding suitable products and creating trips to match requirements
- Building new and maintaining positive relationships group leaders
- Working with Educational Development Executives to maximise opportunities and pass on relevant leads
- Meeting and exceeding personal objectives, including, sales, revenue, conversion and productivity targets
- Managing a portfolio of existing clients and accounts
- Experience building trip itineraries or tailor-made travel, ideally in but not limited to group travel or events. Working with airlines, DMCs and 3rd party suppliers negotiating the most cost-effective group rates for our customers
- Excellent travel industry and worldwide travel knowledge having preferably travelled extensively
- Ability to influence and develop working relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Good numeracy and communication skills.
- Good level of IT Skills, with experience of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- French or Dutch language skills highly desirable to support our European business partners
In return you’ll receive some fantastic benefits:
- Basic salary plus monthly (uncapped) bonus with an OTE of £29k - £32k
- Opportunity to work flexibly between office and home
- 23.5 days holiday (plus bank holidays), rising to 24.5 days
- Option to buy or sell additional annual leave
- FAM Trip Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
Healthcare Cash Plan
- Excellent opportunities for internal progression
- Life Assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted staff travel
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Central Manchester office
If you’re interested in our Group Travel Specialist role and meet the requirements above then please do get in touch. Our working hours are 8.45am - 5.30pm Monday – Friday and there is the option to work from either our office or your (UK) home location.
Welcome to Diversity Travel – We’re a leading travel management company for the charity and academic communities. We’re proud and passionate about what we do in helping our clients understand and save money on their travel and accommodation. We invite you to visit our company LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/diversity-travel/
to learn more about us and what we do.
We’re proud and passionate about what we do.
We embrace diversity and treat everyone with respect and trust.
We always look to improve our products, services and ourselves.
We keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.