Head of Revenue Management
We are a successful travel management company for the charity and academic communities and we’re proud and passionate about what we do.
We are currently looking for a Head of Revenue Management to support the business in achieving margin targets. This will be a varied role which will require collaboration with senior managers and directors, as well as investigating, recommending and implementing tactical and strategic objectives to drive initiatives and achieve commercial goals. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the business activities which cause margin variance and have the analysis, reporting and stakeholder-relationship skills required to drive activities required to achieve margin targets. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Achieve margin targets across a combination of products, channels, suppliers, customers and geographical areas
- Report on business trends and identify opportunities for improving poorly performing customers, products and channels
- Work with stakeholders across the business, primarily Supplier Relationship Management, Operations, Sales and Product to agree and drive activities to improve margin
- Identify and champion new opportunities to drive margin performance
- Produce a monthly margin performance review to update the Board
- Measure the impact of foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations on margin performance and implement a strategy to maximise the advantages this presents
- Review competitor intelligence and recommend actions to ensure the business reacts to changes in the market, remaining competitive whilst achieving agreed budgets.
- Undertake a bi-annual pricing review, presenting recommendations for change and expected results
- Experience working in a number-oriented and target-driven role, working with multiple stakeholders ideally in a corporate travel environment
- Highly numerate with the ability to easily identify trends and grasp new concepts
- Strong people skills with a history of positively driving improvement/change
- Proven record of achieving results, identifying and maximising commercial opportunities
- Significant commercial acumen
- Strong IT and systems skills
In return you’ll receive some fantastic benefits:
- Salary scale to £50k pending experience, plus performance related bonus.
- 24.5 days holiday (plus bank holidays), rising to 25.5 days
- Flexibility of hybrid work split between the office and home
- Option to buy or sell annual leave days
- Excellent opportunities for progression in a fast-growing company
- Private Healthcare
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted staff travel
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Central Manchester offices
If you’re an experienced Revenue Manager and meet the requirements above, then please do get in touch. This is a full-time role and our hours are 8.45am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. Our office is based in Manchester City Centre and we are pleased to offer the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week following a successful probation period.
Welcome to Diversity Travel – We’re a leading travel management company for the charity and academic communities. We’re proud and passionate about what we do in helping our clients understand and save money on their travel and accommodation. We invite you to visit our company LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/diversity-travel/
to learn more about us and what we do.
We’re proud and passionate about what we do.
We embrace diversity and treat everyone with respect and trust.
We always look to improve our products, services and ourselves.
We keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.